The Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is a powerful and reliable chainsaw that is ideal for a wide range of cutting tasks. It features a 2-stroke engine that delivers a maximum power output of 2.4 horsepower and a cutting speed of up to 9,000 RPM. The chainsaw has a bar length of 16 inches, which makes it suitable for cutting through medium-sized trees, branches, and logs.
The Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is also designed with user safety in mind. It has a safety throttle lock that prevents accidental acceleration, an anti-vibration system that reduces operator fatigue, and a chain brake that stops the chain in the event of kickback. The chainsaw also comes with a protective bar cover to keep the chain and bar safe when not in use.
Husqvarna 141 Versions
There were several different versions of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw produced over the years, each with slight variations in their features and specifications. Here are some of the most notable versions:
- Husqvarna 141 (1998-2002): This was the original version of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw, which was produced from 1998 to 2002. It had a 40.9cc 2-stroke engine, a bar length of 15 inches, and a weight of 11.2 pounds.
- Husqvarna 141 (2002-2004): In 2002, Husqvarna updated the 141 chainsaw, increasing the engine displacement to 41cc and the bar length to 16 inches. It also featured an improved air filter system and an updated design.
- Husqvarna 141 (2004-2009): The 141 chainsaw was updated again in 2004, with a more powerful 2.4 horsepower engine and an updated anti-vibration system. The weight of the chainsaw was reduced to 10.8 pounds.
- Husqvarna 141 (2009-2013): In 2009, the 141 chainsaw was updated with Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine technology, which reduced emissions and fuel consumption while increasing power output. It also featured an improved air injection system and a new chain tensioning system.
- Husqvarna 141 (2013-present): The current version of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw features all of the updates from the previous versions, as well as an improved Smart Start system, which reduces starter cord resistance by up to 40%.
While there were several different versions of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw produced over the years, they all shared many of the same features and were known for their power, reliability, and ease of use.
Husqvarna 141 Features
The Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is known for its many features that make it a reliable and efficient tool for cutting tasks. Here are some of the key features of the Husqvarna 141:
- X-Torq engine technology: The Husqvarna 141 features Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine technology, which reduces emissions and fuel consumption while increasing power output. This makes the chainsaw more environmentally friendly and cost-effective to operate.
- Air injection system: The air injection system in the Husqvarna 141 helps to keep the air filter clean and extends the intervals between filter cleanings. This system helps to increase engine life and reduce maintenance requirements.
- LowVib technology: The LowVib technology in the Husqvarna 141 reduces vibrations in the handles, making it more comfortable to use for extended periods of time. This technology helps to reduce fatigue and strain on the user’s hands and arms.
- Automatic oil pump: The Husqvarna 141 features an automatic oil pump, which helps to ensure that the chain is properly lubricated during use. This feature helps to extend the life of the chain and reduce the likelihood of chain damage.
- Quick-release air filter: The quick-release air filter in the Husqvarna 141 makes it easy to access and clean the air filter, reducing maintenance time and effort.
- Smart Start system: The Smart Start system in the Husqvarna 141 reduces the resistance in the starter cord, making it easier to start the chainsaw. This system also reduces the likelihood of engine flooding during start-up.
- Easy to handle: The Husqvarna 141 is designed to be lightweight and well-balanced, making it easy to handle and maneuver during cutting tasks. This makes it a great choice for both homeowners and professionals who need a reliable and efficient chainsaw for their work.
The Husqvarna 141 is known for its many features that make it a powerful and reliable chainsaw for a wide range of cutting tasks. Its X-Torq engine technology, air injection system, LowVib technology, automatic oil pump, and easy-to-handle design make it a great choice for anyone in need of a high-quality chainsaw.
Husqvarna 141 Specs
Sure, here is a table of the key specifications for each of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw models:
|Specification||Husqvarna 141 (1998-2002)||Husqvarna 141 (2002-2004)||Husqvarna 141 (2004-2009)||Husqvarna 141 (2009-2013)||Husqvarna 141 (2013-present)|
|Engine power||2.1 horsepower||2.2 horsepower||2.4 horsepower||2.4 horsepower||2.4 horsepower|
|Bar length||15 inches||16 inches||16 inches||16 inches||16 inches|
|Weight||11.2 pounds||12.3 pounds||10.8 pounds||10.8 pounds||10.8 pounds|
|Chain pitch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch|
|Chain gauge||0.05 inch||0.05 inch||0.05 inch||0.05 inch||0.05 inch|
|Fuel tank capacity||0.6 liters||0.53 liters||0.5 liters||0.5 liters||0.5 liters|
|Oil tank capacity||0.3 liters||0.26 liters||0.26 liters||0.26 liters||0.26 liters|
|X-Torq engine technology||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Air injection system||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic oil pump||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Start system||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Note: Specifications may vary slightly depending on the specific model and region. This table provides a general overview of the key specifications for each version of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw.
Husqvarna 141 Price
The price of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw can vary depending on the specific model, region, and retailer. Generally, older models of the Husqvarna 141 that are no longer in production can be found for lower prices, while newer models may be priced higher.
On average, the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw can cost anywhere from $200 to $500, depending on the features and condition of the saw. Used or refurbished models may be available for lower prices, while new models may be priced at the higher end of the range.
It’s important to note that prices can vary greatly depending on the retailer or seller, so it’s a good idea to shop around and compare prices from different sources before making a purchase. Additionally, it’s important to factor in any additional costs such as shipping or taxes when calculating the total price of the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 141 Review
Users of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw have generally positive things to say about the tool. Here are some common comments and reviews from users:
- Many users praise the Husqvarna 141 for its power and performance, stating that it can easily handle a range of cutting tasks.
- Users also appreciate the lightweight design of the chainsaw, making it easier to handle and maneuver while working.
- The X-Torq engine technology is another feature that users often mention, as it reduces emissions and improves fuel efficiency, resulting in a longer run time between refueling.
- The air injection system and low vibration technology are other features that users appreciate, as they help to reduce operator fatigue during prolonged use.
- Users also like the automatic oil pump, which ensures that the chain is lubricated properly, reducing wear and tear and increasing the longevity of the tool.
- However, some users have noted that the saw can be difficult to start, particularly in cold weather, and that regular maintenance is required to keep the tool running smoothly.
Users of the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw tend to be satisfied with its performance and reliability, making it a popular choice for both homeowners and professionals alike.
Husqvarna 141 Alternatives
If you’re looking for an alternative to the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw, there are several other options on the market that may suit your needs. Here are a few alternatives to consider:
- Stihl MS 250: This chainsaw is a popular choice among homeowners and professionals alike. It features a 45.4cc engine with up to 2.3 horsepower and a 16-inch bar length. The MS 250 also includes Stihl’s Easy2Start system, which reduces the effort required to start the saw.
- Echo CS-400: The Echo CS-400 is a lightweight chainsaw that features a 40.2cc engine with up to 2.4 horsepower and a 16-inch bar length. The chainsaw also includes Echo’s i-30 starting system, which makes starting the saw easier and more efficient.
- Poulan Pro PR4218: This chainsaw features a 42cc engine with up to 2.8 horsepower and an 18-inch bar length. The chainsaw also includes an automatic oiler and an anti-vibration handle to reduce operator fatigue.
- Makita EA4300F40B: This chainsaw features a 42cc engine with up to 3.3 horsepower and a 16-inch bar length. It also includes an easy-start system and a high-capacity air filter for improved performance.
- Jonsered CS2240: The Jonsered CS2240 is a lightweight chainsaw that features a 40.9cc engine with up to 2.4 horsepower and a 16-inch bar length. The chainsaw also includes an automatic oiler and an anti-vibration handle for increased operator comfort.
When choosing an alternative to the Husqvarna 141, it’s important to consider your specific needs and the features that are most important to you. Factors such as engine power, bar length, and ease of starting are all important to consider when selecting a chainsaw that will meet your needs.
Husqvarna 141 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw:
What is the bar length of the Husqvarna 141?
The Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is available with either a 15-inch or 16-inch bar length, depending on the specific model.
What is the weight of the Husqvarna 141?
The weight of the Husqvarna 141 varies depending on the specific model, but it generally ranges from 10 to 12 pounds.
What type of fuel does the Husqvarna 141 use?
The Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is designed to use a gasoline and oil mixture, with a recommended fuel mixture of 50:1.
Does the Husqvarna 141 come with a warranty?
Yes, the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw comes with a standard 2-year limited warranty. Additional warranty options may be available depending on the specific model and retailer.
Is the Husqvarna 141 suitable for professional use?
While the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw is designed primarily for homeowners, it can also be suitable for light to medium professional use. However, for more heavy-duty professional use, it may be better to consider a larger and more powerful chainsaw.
What maintenance is required for the Husqvarna 141?
Regular maintenance is required to keep the Husqvarna 141 chainsaw running smoothly, including regular oil changes, air filter cleaning or replacement, and chain sharpening or replacement as needed. The specific maintenance requirements may vary depending on the model and frequency of use.