When it comes to tackling tough cutting jobs, a reliable and powerful chainsaw is a must-have tool for any homeowner or professional. One popular option on the market is the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw, which boasts a 45.7cc 2-cycle engine and can accommodate a maximum bar length of 18 inches. The Husqvarna 345 is designed to be easy to maintain, with features such as a quick-release air filter and tool-less chain tensioning system. However, it may not be the best option for beginners or professional tree workers. In this article, we’ll explore the features, specifications, and user feedback for the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw, as well as some alternative options to consider. We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions about the Husqvarna 345 to help you determine if it’s the right chainsaw for your needs.
Husqvarna 345 Versions
The Husqvarna 345 chainsaw was first introduced in the early 2000s and has since gone through a few iterations and updates. There are several versions of the 345 available, each with its own unique features and specifications.
The original version of the Husqvarna 345 was released in 2001 and featured a 45cc engine with a 16-inch bar and chain. It had a maximum power output of 2.7 horsepower and weighed around 11 pounds. The chainsaw was designed for use by homeowners and was suitable for cutting small to medium-sized trees and branches.
In 2005, Husqvarna released an updated version of the 345 called the 345e. This model featured an easy-to-use tool-less chain tensioning system, which made it easier to adjust the tension of the chain without using tools. It also had a more efficient air filter system, which helped to extend the life of the engine.
The Husqvarna 345FX is a variation of the 345 that is designed for use by professional landscapers and arborists. It features a more powerful 50cc engine with a maximum power output of 3.2 horsepower. The chainsaw also has a larger fuel tank and an adjustable oil pump, which allows you to control the amount of oil that is used for lubrication.
The Husqvarna 345FR is another variation of the 345 that is designed for use by professionals. It is a versatile machine that can be used as both a chainsaw and a brushcutter. It features a detachable shaft that allows you to switch between a chainsaw head and a trimmer head. The 345FR has a 45cc engine with a maximum power output of 2.8 horsepower and weighs around 16 pounds.
The Husqvarna 345FXT is a variation of the 345FX that is designed for use as a brushcutter. It features a detachable shaft that allows you to switch between a chainsaw head and a trimmer head. The 345FXT has a 45cc engine with a maximum power output of 2.8 horsepower and weighs around 14 pounds.
Husqvarna 345 Features
The Husqvarna 345 is a versatile and reliable chainsaw that is designed for both homeowners and professionals. It comes with a range of features that make it easy to use and maintain. Here are some of the key features of the Husqvarna 345:
- Anti-vibration system: The Husqvarna 345 comes with an anti-vibration system that reduces the amount of vibration that is felt in your hands and arms when you are using the chainsaw. This can help to reduce fatigue and make it easier to use the chainsaw for longer periods of time.
- Easy-to-use controls: The controls on the Husqvarna 345 are designed to be easy to use and accessible. The starter cord is located in a convenient position, and the choke and throttle controls are easy to access and operate.
- Air Injection: The air injection system on the Husqvarna 345 is designed to remove larger debris and dust particles before they reach the air filter. This helps to extend the life of the air filter and improve the performance of the chainsaw.
- Smart Start: The Smart Start feature on the Husqvarna 345 is designed to make it easy to start the chainsaw. The engine is designed to start quickly with minimal effort, which can help to reduce the risk of flooding the engine.
- Low-vibration chain: The Husqvarna 345 comes with a low-vibration chain that is designed to reduce the amount of vibration that is transmitted to your hands and arms. This can help to reduce fatigue and make it easier to use the chainsaw for longer periods of time.
- Ergonomic design: The Husqvarna 345 is designed with ergonomics in mind. The handle is designed to be comfortable to hold and easy to grip, which can help to reduce fatigue and improve control.
The Husqvarna 345 is a reliable and easy-to-use chainsaw that comes with a range of features that make it suitable for a wide range of tasks. Whether you are using the chainsaw for pruning trees around your property or for professional landscaping and forestry work, the Husqvarna 345 is a versatile and capable machine.
Husqvarna 345 Specs
|Maximum power speed
|Fuel tank volume
|12.5 fl oz
|12.5 fl oz
|15.2 fl oz
|16.9 fl oz
|15.2 fl oz
|Oil tank volume
|8.79 fl oz
|8.79 fl oz
|10.14 fl oz
|12.51 fl oz
|10.14 fl oz
|Oil pump capacity
|Maximum recommended bar length
|Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA)
|Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front handle
|Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) rear handle
Husqvarna 345 Price
The price of the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw can vary depending on the retailer, location, and any current promotions or discounts. The Husqvarna 345 was available for purchase in the range of $400 to $600 USD. However, please note that prices may have changed since then, and it is always a good idea to check with multiple retailers for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Husqvarna 345 Review
The Husqvarna 345 chainsaw has generally received positive reviews from users. Here are some common themes that have emerged in user feedback:
- Power and performance: Many users are impressed with the power and performance of the Husqvarna 345, stating that it is capable of handling a variety of cutting tasks with ease. Users have reported that the chainsaw is able to cut through both hardwoods and softwoods with minimal effort.
- Ease of use: Several users have commented on the ease of use of the Husqvarna 345, stating that it is simple to start and operate. Users have also noted that the chainsaw is well-balanced and easy to maneuver.
- Durability: Many users have praised the durability of the Husqvarna 345, stating that it is well-built and able to withstand heavy use. Users have reported that the chainsaw holds up well over time and requires minimal maintenance.
- Noise and vibration: Some users have commented on the noise and vibration levels of the Husqvarna 345, stating that it can be loud and produce significant vibrations during use. However, this is a common issue with many chainsaws, and users have reported that the noise and vibration levels are still within acceptable limits.
The Husqvarna 345 appears to be a reliable and effective chainsaw that is well-suited for a variety of cutting tasks. As with any product, there may be some variation in user experiences, but the majority of reviews suggest that the Husqvarna 345 is a good choice for those in need of a dependable and powerful chainsaw.
Husqvarna 345 Alternatives
If you’re in the market for a chainsaw and considering the Husqvarna 345, there are several alternative options you may want to consider. Here are some popular alternatives to the Husqvarna 345:
- Stihl MS 271: The Stihl MS 271 is a gas-powered chainsaw that is similar in size and power to the Husqvarna 345. It features a 50.2cc engine, a 20-inch bar, and an anti-vibration system for increased comfort during use.
- Echo CS-490: The Echo CS-490 is another gas-powered chainsaw that is comparable to the Husqvarna 345 in terms of size and power. It features a 50.2cc engine, a 20-inch bar, and an adjustable oiler for precision lubrication.
- Poulan Pro PR5020: The Poulan Pro PR5020 is a slightly more affordable option that is still capable of handling most cutting tasks. It features a 50cc engine, a 20-inch bar, and an anti-vibration system for increased comfort during use.
- Makita XCU03PT1: The Makita XCU03PT1 is a battery-powered chainsaw that offers the convenience of cordless operation. It features a 14-inch bar, a brushless motor for increased efficiency, and an automatic oiling system for optimal lubrication.
- Greenworks G-MAX 40V: The Greenworks G-MAX 40V is another battery-powered option that is both affordable and lightweight. It features a 16-inch bar, a brushless motor for increased efficiency, and a tool-less chain tensioning system for easy adjustments.
These are just a few examples of the many chainsaws available on the market today. When choosing an alternative to the Husqvarna 345, it is important to consider factors such as power, size, weight, and price to ensure that you find a chainsaw that meets your specific needs.
Husqvarna 345 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw:
What is the engine size of the Husqvarna 345?
The Husqvarna 345 is powered by a 45.7cc 2-cycle engine.
What is the maximum bar length that the Husqvarna 345 can accommodate?
The Husqvarna 345 can accommodate a maximum bar length of 18 inches.
Is the Husqvarna 345 a good option for beginners?
The Husqvarna 345 is a powerful chainsaw that may not be the best option for beginners. It is recommended that beginners start with a smaller, less powerful saw and work their way up.
What type of fuel does the Husqvarna 345 require?
The Husqvarna 345 is a gas-powered chainsaw that requires a fuel mixture of gasoline and 2-cycle oil.
Does the Husqvarna 345 come with a warranty?
Yes, the Husqvarna 345 comes with a 2-year limited warranty for residential use and a 90-day limited warranty for commercial use.
Can the Husqvarna 345 be used for professional tree work?
While the Husqvarna 345 is a powerful chainsaw, it may not be the best option for professional tree work. Professional tree workers typically require larger, more powerful saws that are capable of handling more demanding tasks.
Is the Husqvarna 345 easy to maintain?
The Husqvarna 345 is designed to be easy to maintain, with features such as a quick-release air filter and tool-less chain tensioning system for easy adjustments. However, regular maintenance is still required to ensure the saw operates at peak performance.