The Husqvarna 51 chainsaw is a versatile and powerful tool that has been a popular choice among homeowners, farmers, and forestry professionals for decades. Originally introduced in the 1980s, the Husqvarna 51 quickly gained a reputation for its high performance, durability, and ease of use. Although the original model is no longer in production, updated versions like the Husqvarna 51 EPA and the Husqvarna 51 Rancher continue to be popular choices for those in need of a reliable chainsaw. With a variety of features and capabilities, the Husqvarna 51 has cemented its place in the world of chainsaws and remains a popular choice for those in need of a powerful and dependable cutting tool.
Husqvarna 51 Versions
Over the years, Husqvarna has released several different versions of the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw. These versions feature improvements and upgrades over the original model. Let’s take a look at some of the different versions of the Husqvarna 51.
Husqvarna 51 (Original)
The original Husqvarna 51 was released in the early 1980s and quickly became a popular choice among homeowners and professionals. It featured a 50cc 2-stroke engine that produced 2.8 horsepower and a maximum speed of 13,500 RPM. It had a 15-inch bar and chain and weighed approximately 12 pounds.
Husqvarna 51 EPA
In the late 1990s, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduced regulations that required chainsaw manufacturers to reduce the emissions of their chainsaws. To comply with these regulations, Husqvarna released the Husqvarna 51 EPA. This version of the chainsaw featured a redesigned muffler that reduced emissions and met the EPA’s standards.
The Husqvarna 51LE was released in the early 2000s and featured several upgrades over the original model. It had a new air filtration system that improved engine performance and extended the life of the chainsaw. The 51LE also had a new anti-vibration system that reduced the amount of vibration that the user experienced while using the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 51 II
In the mid-2000s, Husqvarna released the Husqvarna 51 II. This version of the chainsaw featured several improvements over the original model. It had a new carburetor that improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. The 51 II also had a new starter system that made it easier to start the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 51 EPA II
Like the original EPA version, the Husqvarna 51 EPA II was designed to meet the EPA’s emissions standards. It had a redesigned muffler that reduced emissions and improved engine performance. The 51 EPA II also had a new air filtration system that improved the life of the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 51 Rancher
The Husqvarna 51 Rancher was released in the late 2000s and was designed for use by farmers and ranchers. It had a new carburetor that improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. The Rancher also had a longer bar and chain than the original model, making it ideal for cutting thicker logs and branches.
The Husqvarna 51 has undergone several upgrades and improvements over the years. Each new version of the chainsaw has featured new and improved technology that has improved its performance, efficiency, and reliability. If you are in the market for a new chainsaw, it’s worth considering the different versions of the Husqvarna 51 to find the one that best fits your needs.
Husqvarna 51 Features
The Husqvarna 51 chainsaw is a popular choice among homeowners and professionals due to its powerful performance and durability. Here are some of the features that make the Husqvarna 51 a great chainsaw:
- Powerful Engine: The Husqvarna 51 features a 50cc 2-stroke engine that produces high power and torque, allowing you to tackle tough cutting tasks with ease.
- Durable Design: The chainsaw is built with a strong and sturdy design, with a high-strength magnesium crankcase and a forged three-piece crankshaft that ensures long-lasting durability.
- Air Injection System: The Husqvarna 51 has an air injection system that prevents dust and debris from entering the engine, ensuring consistent performance and extending the life of the chainsaw.
- Easy to Start: The chainsaw has an easy-to-use starter system that reduces the effort required to start the engine, allowing you to quickly get to work.
- Low Vibration: The anti-vibration system in the Husqvarna 51 reduces the amount of vibration felt by the user, improving comfort and reducing fatigue during use.
- Adjustable Oiling System: The chainsaw has an adjustable oiling system that allows you to control the amount of oil that is applied to the chain, ensuring optimal lubrication and reducing wear and tear.
- Safety Features: The Husqvarna 51 is equipped with several safety features, including a chain brake, throttle lockout, and safety switch, that prevent accidental starts and improve user safety.
The Husqvarna 51 chainsaw is a reliable and powerful tool that is designed to handle a wide range of cutting tasks. Its durable design, powerful engine, and easy-to-use features make it a popular choice among professionals and homeowners alike.
Husqvarna 51 Specs
Here’s a table that lists the specifications of each model of the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw:
|Specification||Husqvarna 51 (Original)||Husqvarna 51 EPA||Husqvarna 51LE||Husqvarna 51 II||Husqvarna 51 EPA II||Husqvarna 51 Rancher|
|Power output||2.8 hp||2.8 hp||2.8 hp||2.8 hp||2.8 hp||3.2 hp|
|Maximum power speed||13,500 rpm||13,500 rpm||13,500 rpm||13,500 rpm||13,500 rpm||9,000 rpm|
|Fuel tank volume||1.1 US pint||1.1 US pint||1.1 US pint||1.1 US pint||1.1 US pint||1.1 US pint|
|Oil tank volume||0.5 US pint||0.5 US pint||0.5 US pint||0.5 US pint||0.5 US pint||0.5 US pint|
|Bar length||15 inches||15 inches||15 inches||15 inches||15 inches||18 inches|
|Chain pitch||0.325 inches||0.325 inches||0.325 inches||0.325 inches||0.325 inches||0.325 inches|
|Weight (excl. cutting equipment)||12.1 lbs.||12.1 lbs.||11.0 lbs.||11.0 lbs.||11.0 lbs.||13.0 lbs.|
|Sound level, guaranteed (LWA)||113 dB(A)||112 dB(A)||112 dB(A)||112 dB(A)||112 dB(A)||114 dB(A)|
Note: These specifications are based on information provided by Husqvarna and may vary depending on factors such as the type of cutting equipment used and operating conditions.
Husqvarna 51 Price
The price of the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw can vary depending on various factors such as the location, the seller, and any discounts or promotions being offered. Additionally, as the original Husqvarna 51 model is no longer in production, its availability and price can vary widely.
The Husqvarna 51 EPA model was listed on the Husqvarna website for $459.95, while the Husqvarna 51 Rancher model was listed for $529.95. However, prices may vary in different regions and from different retailers.
It’s important to note that purchasing a chainsaw is an investment, and choosing a high-quality, reliable model like the Husqvarna 51 can help ensure that you get the best value for your money over the long term. It’s also a good idea to compare prices from different sellers and consider any available warranties or service plans to help protect your investment.
Husqvarna 51 Review
Users have generally praised the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw for its power, durability, and ease of use. Here are some common comments and feedback from users:
- Power: Many users have commented on the Husqvarna 51’s powerful engine, which makes it suitable for heavy-duty tasks like felling trees and cutting large branches. Users have noted that the chainsaw cuts through wood quickly and efficiently, and can handle tough jobs with ease.
- Durability: Users have also praised the Husqvarna 51 for its durability and build quality. Many have commented on its solid construction and have noted that it can withstand frequent use and abuse without breaking down. Some users have even reported using the chainsaw for decades with minimal maintenance.
- Ease of Use: Many users have found the Husqvarna 51 to be easy to use, with features like a responsive throttle and a quick-start system that make it simple to get up and running. Users have also noted that the chainsaw is relatively lightweight and well-balanced, which makes it easy to maneuver and control.
- Noise Level: Some users have mentioned that the Husqvarna 51 can be quite loud, especially when used for extended periods of time. However, many have noted that this is a common issue with most chainsaws and can be mitigated by wearing ear protection.
- Price: While the Husqvarna 51 is generally considered to be a high-quality chainsaw, some users have commented that it can be a bit expensive compared to other models on the market. However, many have noted that the chainsaw’s reliability and durability make it a worthwhile investment over the long term.
The Husqvarna 51 has received positive feedback from users, with many praising its power, durability, and ease of use. While there are some concerns about the noise level and price, these factors are generally outweighed by the chainsaw’s overall performance and quality.
Husqvarna 51 Alternatives
If you’re looking for an alternative to the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw, there are several options to consider, depending on your specific needs and preferences. Here are a few alternatives to the Husqvarna 51:
- Stihl MS 261: The Stihl MS 261 is a powerful and versatile chainsaw that is comparable to the Husqvarna 51 in terms of size and performance. It features a fuel-efficient engine and a lightweight design, making it suitable for a variety of tasks.
- Echo CS-590: The Echo CS-590 is a high-performance chainsaw that is known for its durability and reliability. It features a large fuel tank and a professional-grade engine, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
- Poulan Pro PR5020: The Poulan Pro PR5020 is a more budget-friendly alternative to the Husqvarna 51, while still offering similar features and performance. It features a powerful engine and a relatively lightweight design, making it suitable for a range of tasks.
- Makita EA6100PRGG: The Makita EA6100PRGG is a powerful and well-built chainsaw that is designed for professional use. It features a fuel-efficient engine and an easy-start system, making it suitable for both experienced and novice users.
- Jonsered CS 2255: The Jonsered CS 2255 is a high-performance chainsaw that is known for its reliability and ease of use. It features a powerful engine and a lightweight design, making it suitable for a variety of tasks, from light trimming to heavy-duty cutting.
The best alternative to the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors like engine power, weight, and price, as well as any additional features or capabilities that may be important to you, when comparing different models.
Husqvarna 51 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Husqvarna 51 chainsaw:
Is the Husqvarna 51 still in production?
No, the original Husqvarna 51 model is no longer in production. However, updated versions of the chainsaw, such as the Husqvarna 51 EPA and the Husqvarna 51 Rancher, are still available.
What is the fuel capacity of the Husqvarna 51?
The fuel capacity of the Husqvarna 51 varies depending on the specific model. The original Husqvarna 51 model had a fuel tank capacity of 0.7 liters, while the Husqvarna 51 Rancher has a fuel tank capacity of 0.5 liters.
What is the weight of the Husqvarna 51?
The weight of the Husqvarna 51 varies depending on the specific model and the length of the bar and chain. The original Husqvarna 51 model weighed approximately 11 pounds without the bar and chain, while the Husqvarna 51 Rancher weighs approximately 12.8 pounds without the bar and chain.
What kind of bar and chain does the Husqvarna 51 use?
The Husqvarna 51 is compatible with a variety of bar and chain lengths, depending on the specific model. The original Husqvarna 51 model was compatible with bars ranging from 13 to 20 inches in length, while the Husqvarna 51 Rancher is compatible with bars ranging from 15 to 20 inches in length.
What kind of maintenance does the Husqvarna 51 require?
Like any chainsaw, the Husqvarna 51 requires regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly and prevent damage. This includes tasks like cleaning the air filter, checking the chain tension, and sharpening the chain regularly. It’s also important to follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and to use high-quality fuel and oil to ensure optimal performance.