The Husqvarna 560 XP is a professional-grade chainsaw that has gained a reputation for its powerful engine, durability, and safety features. With a maximum engine power output of 4.7 horsepower and a range of bar lengths available, the Husqvarna 560 XP is designed to handle heavy-duty cutting tasks in the forestry industry. In addition to its performance capabilities, the Husqvarna 560 XP also features safety features such as a chain brake, throttle lockout, and stop switch. However, it’s important to note that the Husqvarna 560 XP is not the only chainsaw option on the market. Several alternatives, such as the Stihl MS 461 and Echo CS-620P, are available for those who are looking for a chainsaw that suits their specific cutting needs. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Husqvarna 560 XP, including its features, performance, pricing, user feedback, and alternatives, to help you make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing a chainsaw.
Husqvarna 560 XP Versions
Husqvarna 560 XP is a high-performance professional chainsaw that has undergone various updates and improvements over the years. Here are some of the different versions of Husqvarna 560 XP:
- Husqvarna 560 XP (2011): This was the first version of the Husqvarna 560 XP, launched in 2011. It featured a 59.8cc engine that delivered 3.5 horsepower, a maximum speed of 9,600 RPM, and a guide bar length of 16-24 inches. It also had Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine technology, air injection system, centrifugal air cleaning system, and smart start system.
- Husqvarna 560 XP G (2013): This version of the Husqvarna 560 XP featured the same specifications as the original model but had an updated design and a new feature called AutoTune. AutoTune is an automatic engine management system that adjusts the engine’s fuel mixture to optimize performance in different operating conditions. It also had a new top cover design that improved access to the air filter for easier maintenance.
- Husqvarna 560 XP Mark II (2018): The Mark II version of the Husqvarna 560 XP was a significant upgrade from the previous models. It featured a new engine with a power output of 4.7 horsepower, making it one of the most powerful chainsaws in its class. It also had a new carburetor design, a redesigned cylinder, and a new air filter system that improved airflow and reduced maintenance requirements. The Mark II version also had a new handle design with improved ergonomics for reduced operator fatigue.
- Husqvarna 560 XP TrioBrake (2021): The latest version of the Husqvarna 560 XP, the TrioBrake, was launched in 2021. It has the same specifications as the Mark II version but with an added safety feature called TrioBrake. The TrioBrake is a three-step chain brake system that reduces the risk of injury to the operator in the event of a kickback. It also has a new fuel tank vent that reduces the risk of dirt and debris entering the fuel system, further improving the chainsaw’s durability.
The different versions of the Husqvarna 560 XP have undergone various upgrades and improvements, making it one of the most reliable and powerful chainsaws in the market for professional forestry work.
Husqvarna 560 XP Features
The Husqvarna 560 XP is a high-performance professional chainsaw designed for forestry work. It comes equipped with a range of features that make it reliable, powerful, and easy to use. Here are some of the key features of the Husqvarna 560 XP:
- Engine: The Husqvarna 560 XP is powered by a 59.8cc X-Torq engine that delivers 3.5 horsepower. The X-Torq engine technology reduces emissions and increases fuel efficiency, making it a more environmentally friendly option. It also has an air injection system that removes dust and debris from the air before it enters the engine, extending its lifespan.
- Smart Start: The Husqvarna 560 XP has a Smart Start system that makes it easy to start the chainsaw. The system includes an air purge function that removes air from the carburetor and fuel system, ensuring easy starting even in cold weather conditions.
- Centrifugal air cleaning system: The chainsaw’s centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger particles and debris from the air before it reaches the air filter, reducing the frequency of filter cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-vibration system: The Husqvarna 560 XP features an anti-vibration system that reduces operator fatigue and increases comfort during prolonged use.
- Side-mounted chain tensioner: The side-mounted chain tensioner makes it easy to adjust the chain tension without having to remove the sprocket cover, saving time and effort.
- Ergonomic design: The chainsaw’s ergonomic design includes a slim body, a low center of gravity, and a comfortable handle for improved balance and control during operation.
- Quick-release air filter: The Husqvarna 560 XP has a quick-release air filter that makes it easy to access and clean the air filter, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Felling marks: The chainsaw has felling marks that provide a clear guide for felling trees accurately and safely.
The Husqvarna 560 XP is a powerful and reliable chainsaw that comes equipped with a range of features designed to improve performance, increase efficiency, and reduce operator fatigue and maintenance costs.
Husqvarna 560 XP Specs
Here is a comparison table of the specifications of the different versions of the Husqvarna 560 XP:
|Specification||Husqvarna 560 XP (2011)||Husqvarna 560 XP G (2013)||Husqvarna 560 XP Mark II (2018)||Husqvarna 560 XP TrioBrake (2021)|
|Engine||59.8cc X-Torq||59.8cc X-Torq||59.8cc X-Torq||59.8cc X-Torq|
|Power Output||3.5 horsepower||3.5 horsepower||4.7 horsepower||4.7 horsepower|
|Maximum Speed||9,600 RPM||9,600 RPM||9,000 RPM||9,000 RPM|
|Guide Bar Length||16-24 inches||16-24 inches||16-28 inches||16-28 inches|
|Handle Design||Standard||Redesigned||Redesigned with improved ergonomics||Redesigned with improved ergonomics|
|Chain Brake||Inertia activated||Inertia activated||Inertia activated||TrioBrake (three-step chain brake)|
|Air Filter System||Centrifugal cleaning||Centrifugal cleaning||New air filter system with improved airflow||New air filter system with improved airflow|
|Fuel Tank Vent||Standard||Standard||Standard||New fuel tank vent that reduces dirt and debris entering the fuel system|
The Husqvarna 560 XP has undergone significant improvements in power, design, safety, and maintenance over the years, making it a reliable and high-performance chainsaw for professional forestry work.
Husqvarna 560 XP Price
The price of the Husqvarna 560 XP chainsaw can vary depending on several factors such as the country of purchase, the retailer, and any applicable taxes or fees. Additionally, the price may also vary depending on the version of the chainsaw, as newer versions may have a higher price point than older ones.
As of May 2023, the price of a new Husqvarna 560 XP chainsaw ranges from around $700 to $900 USD, depending on the version and the retailer. It is worth noting that prices may also vary depending on the region or country, and some retailers may offer discounts or promotions that can affect the final price.
It is important to note that while the Husqvarna 560 XP may have a higher price point compared to other chainsaws on the market, it is a professional-grade tool designed for heavy-duty forestry work. Its high-performance engine, safety features, and durability make it a worthwhile investment for professionals who need a reliable and powerful chainsaw. Additionally, proper maintenance and care of the chainsaw can help extend its lifespan, making it a long-term investment for professionals in the forestry industry.
Husqvarna 560 XP Review
Users of the Husqvarna 560 XP chainsaw have given positive reviews of the tool’s performance, power, and durability. Here are some common comments and feedback from users:
- Power: Many users note that the Husqvarna 560 XP has excellent power and can handle tough cutting tasks with ease. Some users have reported being able to cut through large trees and thick branches without any issues.
- Durability: Users have reported that the Husqvarna 560 XP is a highly durable tool that can withstand heavy use in tough environments. Some users have reported using the chainsaw for several years without any major issues or breakdowns.
- Safety features: Many users appreciate the safety features of the Husqvarna 560 XP, particularly the chain brake and other safety switches that help prevent accidents while operating the tool.
- Ease of use: Some users have noted that the Husqvarna 560 XP is easy to start and operate, even for those who are not experienced with chainsaws. The tool’s ergonomic design and low vibration also make it comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Price: Some users have noted that the Husqvarna 560 XP is a bit pricey compared to other chainsaws on the market, but many feel that the tool’s performance and durability make it worth the investment.
Users of the Husqvarna 560 XP are generally satisfied with the tool’s performance and durability, and many feel that it is a reliable and high-quality tool for professional forestry work. However, it is worth noting that individual experiences may vary depending on factors such as the specific version of the tool, maintenance, and personal preferences.
Husqvarna 560 XP Alternatives
If you are in the market for a chainsaw and considering the Husqvarna 560 XP, there are several alternatives that you may want to consider. Here are a few options:
- Stihl MS 461: The Stihl MS 461 is a professional-grade chainsaw that is designed for heavy-duty forestry work. It features a powerful engine, an anti-vibration system, and a range of safety features. The MS 461 is also available with a variety of bar lengths and chain options to suit different cutting tasks.
- Echo CS-620P: The Echo CS-620P is another professional-grade chainsaw that is designed for demanding forestry work. It features a powerful engine, a heavy-duty air filtration system, and a range of safety features. The CS-620P is also available with a variety of bar lengths and chain options to suit different cutting tasks.
- Makita EA6100PRGG: The Makita EA6100PRGG is a high-performance chainsaw that is designed for professional forestry work. It features a powerful engine, a spring-assisted starter, and a range of safety features. The EA6100PRGG is also designed to be fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Husqvarna 565: The Husqvarna 565 is another professional-grade chainsaw from Husqvarna that is similar to the 560 XP. It features a powerful engine, a range of safety features, and a durable design. The 565 is also designed to be fuel-efficient and easy to use.
These are just a few examples of the many professional-grade chainsaws that are available on the market today. When considering alternatives to the Husqvarna 560 XP, it is important to evaluate your specific needs and preferences and choose a chainsaw that is well-suited to your particular cutting tasks and work environment.
Husqvarna 560 XP FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Husqvarna 560 XP chainsaw:
What is the weight of the Husqvarna 560 XP?
The weight of the Husqvarna 560 XP ranges from approximately 12.8 to 13.2 pounds, depending on the version and the length of the bar and chain.
What is the maximum bar length for the Husqvarna 560 XP?
The maximum bar length for the Husqvarna 560 XP is 24 inches.
What type of fuel does the Husqvarna 560 XP use?
The Husqvarna 560 XP uses a mix of gasoline and two-stroke oil at a ratio of 50:1.
What is the maximum engine power output of the Husqvarna 560 XP?
The maximum engine power output of the Husqvarna 560 XP is 4.7 horsepower (hp) or 3.5 kilowatts (kW).
What safety features does the Husqvarna 560 XP have?
The Husqvarna 560 XP is equipped with several safety features, including a chain brake, a throttle lockout, and a stop switch that automatically returns to the “ON” position.
Is the Husqvarna 560 XP suitable for professional use?
Yes, the Husqvarna 560 XP is designed for heavy-duty professional use in the forestry industry. It features a powerful engine, a durable design, and a range of safety features.
Can the Husqvarna 560 XP be used for cutting down large trees?
Yes, the Husqvarna 560 XP is capable of cutting down large trees, but it is important to use the appropriate safety equipment and follow proper cutting techniques.
What is the warranty on the Husqvarna 560 XP?
The warranty on the Husqvarna 560 XP varies depending on the region and the retailer. In general, the chainsaw comes with a limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. It is important to check the specific terms of the warranty before purchasing the chainsaw.