The Husqvarna 61 is a powerful and durable chainsaw that has gained popularity among both residential and professional users. With its 61cc engine and 4.3 horsepower output, the Husqvarna 61 can easily handle heavy-duty tasks like felling trees and cutting thick logs. Its ergonomic design and vibration reduction technology also make it comfortable to use for extended periods of time. While the price of the Husqvarna 61 can vary depending on the model and location, users generally find it to be a good value for its performance and reliability. However, there are also several alternative chainsaws to consider, such as the Stihl MS 362 and Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf. In this article, we will explore the features, specs, and user reviews of the Husqvarna 61, as well as some of its top alternatives.
Husqvarna 61 Versions
The Husqvarna 61 is a chainsaw model that has been produced in various versions over the years. Here are some of the different versions of the Husqvarna 61:
- Husqvarna 61 (1979-1985) – This was the original version of the Husqvarna 61. It had a 61cc engine and was one of the first chainsaws to feature the “three-piece crankshaft” design.
- Husqvarna 61 (1986-1998) – This version of the Husqvarna 61 had some upgrades, including a larger air filter and improved vibration dampening.
- Husqvarna 61 (1999-2001) – This version of the Husqvarna 61 had a redesigned air filter and improved fuel consumption.
- Husqvarna 61 (2002-2007) – This version of the Husqvarna 61 had a redesigned ignition system and improved air filtration.
- Husqvarna 61 (2008-2012) – This version of the Husqvarna 61 had an updated engine design for improved performance and lower emissions.
- Husqvarna 61 (2013-present) – This version of the Husqvarna 61 is still in production and features an updated engine design for better fuel efficiency and lower emissions, as well as improved ergonomics and vibration dampening.
Husqvarna 61 Features
Here are some of the features of the Husqvarna 61 chainsaw model:
- Durable construction: The Husqvarna 61 is built with sturdy and durable construction that is designed to withstand heavy use in demanding environments.
- High performance: The Husqvarna 61 is equipped with a powerful engine that delivers high performance, making it ideal for cutting through thick trees and logs.
- Easy to operate: The Husqvarna 61 is designed to be easy to operate, with intuitive controls and ergonomic handles that provide a comfortable and secure grip.
- Low vibration: The Husqvarna 61 is designed with advanced vibration-dampening technology, which helps to reduce user fatigue and improve operator comfort.
- Safety features: The Husqvarna 61 is equipped with a range of safety features, including a chain brake, throttle lock, and safety switch, which help to prevent accidents and injuries while operating the chainsaw.
- Maintenance-friendly: The Husqvarna 61 is designed to be easy to maintain, with a toolless air filter cover and a quick-release air filter, making it easy to clean and replace the filter as needed.
Husqvarna 61 Specs
Here is a table of the different versions of the Husqvarna 61 chainsaw model and their specifications:
|Specifications||Husqvarna 61 (1979-1985)||Husqvarna 61 (1986-1998)||Husqvarna 61 (1999-2001)||Husqvarna 61 (2002-2007)||Husqvarna 61 (2008-2012)||Husqvarna 61 (2013-present)|
|Power Output||4.2 hp||4.2 hp||4.2 hp||4.2 hp||4.2 hp||4.5 hp|
|Bar Lengths||16-28 inches||16-28 inches||16-28 inches||16-28 inches||16-28 inches||16-24 inches|
|Weight||12.5 lbs||12.5 lbs||12.5 lbs||12.5 lbs||12.5 lbs||12.3 lbs|
|Fuel Capacity||1.2 US pints||1.2 US pints||1.2 US pints||1.2 US pints||1.2 US pints||1.06 US pints|
|Oil Capacity||0.6 US pints||0.6 US pints||0.6 US pints||0.6 US pints||0.6 US pints||0.55 US pints|
|Max. Engine Speed||12,000 RPM||12,000 RPM||12,000 RPM||12,000 RPM||12,000 RPM||9,600 RPM|
|Air Filtration||Flocked/felt||Flocked/felt||Flocked/felt||Flocked/felt||Nylon||HD2 Filter|
|Carburetor||Walbro HDC||Walbro HDC||Walbro HDC||Walbro HDC||Walbro HDC||Walbro HD-12B|
|EPA Emissions||N/A||N/A||EPA II||EPA II||EPA II||CARB II, EPA III|
Note: Specs may vary depending on the specific year and model of the chainsaw. The table above is meant to provide a general overview of the specifications of each version of the Husqvarna 61.
Husqvarna 61 Price
The price of a Husqvarna 61 chainsaw varies depending on several factors such as the model year, condition (new or used), and geographic location. Generally, new models can range from $600 to $900, while used models can be found for less. However, it is always recommended to check with local dealers or online retailers to get an accurate and up-to-date price.
Husqvarna 61 Review
Users generally have positive things to say about the Husqvarna 61 chainsaw. Here are some common comments and reviews from users:
- The Husqvarna 61 is a very powerful chainsaw that can cut through thick logs and trees easily.
- The saw is well-built and durable, making it a good choice for heavy use in demanding environments.
- Users appreciate the ergonomic design of the saw, which makes it comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- The vibration-dampening technology is effective at reducing user fatigue and improving operator comfort.
- The saw is easy to start and operate, with intuitive controls that are easy to understand.
- Users appreciate the safety features of the saw, including the chain brake and throttle lock, which help to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Some users note that the saw can be heavy and difficult to maneuver, particularly for smaller or less experienced operators.
Overall, users seem to be very satisfied with the performance, durability, and ease of use of the Husqvarna 61 chainsaw.
Husqvarna 61 Alternatives
There are several alternative chainsaws to the Husqvarna 61 that offer similar features and capabilities. Here are a few examples:
- Stihl MS 362: This chainsaw is similar in size and power to the Husqvarna 61, with a 59cc engine and 4.7 horsepower output. It also features a similar range of bar lengths and has a reputation for being well-built and durable.
- Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf: This chainsaw has a 59.8cc engine and produces 5.7 horsepower, making it slightly more powerful than the Husqvarna 61. It also features vibration reduction technology and a wide range of bar lengths.
- Jonsered CS 2255: This chainsaw has a 55.5cc engine and produces 3.5 horsepower. It features vibration reduction technology and a range of bar lengths up to 20 inches.
- Makita EA6100PRGG: This chainsaw has a 61cc engine and produces 4.6 horsepower. It features a range of bar lengths up to 24 inches and has a reputation for being easy to start and operate.
These are just a few examples of chainsaws that could be considered alternatives to the Husqvarna 61. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user, as well as factors like budget, availability, and brand loyalty.
Husqvarna 61 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Husqvarna 61 chainsaw:
What is the engine size of the Husqvarna 61?
The Husqvarna 61 has a 61cc engine.
What is the horsepower of the Husqvarna 61?
The Husqvarna 61 produces 4.3 horsepower.
What is the weight of the Husqvarna 61?
The weight of the Husqvarna 61 can vary depending on the model and bar length, but it typically ranges from 12 to 14 pounds.
What is the maximum bar length that can be used with the Husqvarna 61?
The maximum bar length that can be used with the Husqvarna 61 is 24 inches.
Does the Husqvarna 61 come with a warranty?
Yes, the Husqvarna 61 comes with a standard 2-year warranty for residential use or a 90-day warranty for commercial use. The warranty may vary by country and region.
What type of fuel does the Husqvarna 61 use?
The Husqvarna 61 uses a 50:1 ratio of gasoline to 2-cycle oil mixture.
Is the Husqvarna 61 suitable for professional use?
Yes, the Husqvarna 61 is suitable for professional use, as it is a powerful and durable chainsaw that can handle heavy-duty tasks.
Can the Husqvarna 61 be used for felling trees?
Yes, the Husqvarna 61 is suitable for felling trees, but it should only be used by experienced operators who have received proper training in chainsaw safety and felling techniques.
Does the Husqvarna 61 feature vibration reduction technology?
Yes, the Husqvarna 61 features vibration-reduction technology to reduce operator fatigue and improve comfort during use.
What is the price of the Husqvarna 61?
The price of the Husqvarna 61 can vary depending on the model year, condition, and geographic location. Generally, new models can range from $600 to $900, while used models can be found for less.