Are you looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use chainsaw for small jobs around the home and garden? If so, the Stihl E14 might be just what you need. This compact electric chainsaw is designed to be both reliable and easy to use, with features such as toolless chain tensioning and safety switches to ensure safe operation. In this article, we will take a closer look at the Stihl E14, including its features, benefits, and potential drawbacks. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, read on to learn more about this versatile chainsaw and whether it’s the right choice for you.
Stihl E14 Features
The Stihl E14 is a compact and lightweight electric chainsaw that is designed for small jobs around the home and garden. Here are some of the key features of the Stihl E14:
- Lightweight design: The Stihl E14 is designed to be lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it perfect for small jobs that require precision and control.
- Tool-less chain tensioning: The chain tensioning system on the Stihl E14 is designed to be easy to use, without requiring any tools. This makes it easy to maintain the chainsaw and ensure that it is always operating at peak performance.
- Safety features: The Stihl E14 comes with several safety features that make it safe and reliable to use. The chain brake stops the chain in the event of a kickback, and the safety switch prevents accidental startups.
- Electric motor: The Stihl E14 is powered by an electric motor, which eliminates the need for mixing fuel and oil. This makes it a convenient option for those who don’t want to deal with the mess and hassle of a gas-powered chainsaw.
- Compact size: The Stihl E14 is designed to be compact and easy to store, making it a great option for those who have limited space in their garage or shed.
- Ergonomic handle: The Stihl E14 features an ergonomic handle that is designed to be comfortable to hold and maneuver, even during extended use.
Overall, the Stihl E14 is a reliable and easy-to-use chainsaw that is perfect for small jobs around the home and garden. Its lightweight design, toolless chain tensioning system, and safety features make it a great option for both beginners and experienced users.
Stihl E14 Specs
Here is a table of the specs for the Stihl E14:
|12 inches (30 cm)
|3/8 inch (9.5 mm)
|0.043 inches (1.1 mm)
|Weight (without bar and chain)
|4.2 lbs (1.9 kg)
|Oil tank capacity
|4.9 oz (145 ml)
|Sound power level
|Sound pressure level
It’s important to note that Stihl has released several versions of the E14 with different specifications. The specs listed in this table are for the most common version of the Stihl E14, but other versions may have different specs. If you are considering purchasing a Stihl E14, it’s essential to review the specific specs for the version you are interested in to ensure it meets your needs.
Stihl E14 Price
The price of the Stihl E14 can vary depending on several factors, such as where you purchase it, the version you choose, and any additional accessories you may need. Generally, the Stihl E14 is priced between $150 to $200 USD. However, prices may fluctuate due to sales, discounts, and other promotions. It’s always a good idea to compare prices from different retailers to ensure that you get the best deal possible. Additionally, some retailers may offer financing options or payment plans to help make the purchase more affordable. Keep in mind that while the Stihl E14 may be more expensive than some other electric chainsaws on the market, its reputation for quality and durability makes it a worthwhile investment for those who want a reliable and long-lasting chainsaw.
Stihl E14 Review
Users have generally positive things to say about the Stihl E14. Here are some common themes from user reviews:
- Ease of use: Many users appreciate the lightweight and compact design of the Stihl E14, which makes it easy to handle and maneuver. The toolless chain tensioning system is also a favorite feature, as it allows for quick and easy adjustments.
- Reliability: Users report that the Stihl E14 is a reliable and consistent performer, with no issues starting or maintaining performance over time. Many users appreciate the fact that it is electric, which eliminates the need for fuel mixing and reduces maintenance requirements.
- Safety features: The safety features on the Stihl E14, such as the chain brake and safety switch, are also frequently mentioned in user reviews as a key benefit.
- Limitations: Some users note that the Stihl E14 may not be suitable for larger or more demanding jobs, as it is designed for small jobs around the home and garden. Additionally, some users find the price of the Stihl E14 to be relatively high compared to other electric chainsaws on the market.
Overall, users generally have a positive experience with the Stihl E14, citing its ease of use, reliability, and safety features as key benefits. However, as with any product, individual experiences may vary. It’s important to review user reviews and consider your specific needs and use cases before making a purchase.
Stihl E14 Alternatives
While the Stihl E14 is a great choice for small jobs around the home and garden, there are several alternatives to consider if you’re looking for something different. Here are a few options to consider:
- Black+Decker LCS1020: This electric chainsaw is similarly priced to the Stihl E14 and offers a 10-inch bar and chain, making it a good option for smaller jobs. It also features an automatic oiling system and a tool-free chain tensioning system.
- Greenworks 20262: The Greenworks 20262 is another electric chainsaw that is similarly priced to the Stihl E14. It features a 10-inch bar and chain and offers tool-free chain tensioning and an automatic oiling system. It is also backed by a four-year warranty.
- Husqvarna 120 Mark II: The Husqvarna 120 Mark II is a gas-powered chainsaw that is a bit more powerful than the Stihl E14, making it a good option for slightly larger jobs. It features a 14-inch bar and chain, and has a tool-free chain tensioning system.
- Remington RM4214 Rebel: This gas-powered chainsaw is similarly priced to the Husqvarna 120 Mark II, and features a 14-inch bar and chain. It also has an automatic oiling system and a tool-free chain tensioning system.
These are just a few of the alternatives to consider if you’re looking for a chainsaw that is similar in price and size to the Stihl E14. It’s important to review the features and specs of each option to determine which one is the best fit for your specific needs and use cases.
Stihl E14 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Stihl E14:
Is the Stihl E14 suitable for cutting down trees?
The Stihl E14 is designed for small jobs around the home and garden and is not recommended for cutting down trees or other larger jobs. For these types of tasks, a more powerful chainsaw is recommended.
Can the Stihl E14 be used for indoor projects?
While the Stihl E14 is electric and doesn’t produce emissions like gas-powered chainsaws, it is still recommended to use it in a well-ventilated area. Additionally, it’s important to use caution when using any chainsaw indoors, as there are potential safety risks.
How do I maintain my Stihl E14 chainsaw?
To maintain your Stihl E14, it’s important to keep the chain properly tensioned and lubricated. You should also regularly clean the chain, bar, and sprocket, and inspect the chainsaw for any signs of wear or damage. It’s also a good idea to refer to the user manual for specific maintenance instructions and intervals.
What is the warranty on the Stihl E14?
The Stihl E14 is covered by a two-year limited warranty, which covers defects in material and workmanship.
Can I use the Stihl E14 without a chain brake?
No, the chain brake on the Stihl E14 is an important safety feature that should always be used. It helps prevent kickbacks and other potential hazards.