Cordless Pruning Saw HTA 50: Great cutting performance with quiet operation.
Lightweight cordless pruning saw with high cutting performance for tree maintenance in medium to large gardens. It is part of the AK system and features a 1⁄4″ P – PM3 saw chain and a Rollomatic E Mini guide bar. The HTA 50 has side chain tensioning and a branch hook for easy removal of tree crown trimmings (for use on small branches only).
Includes a semi-transparent oil reservoir for quick and easy oil checking during use. With ergonomic control unit and removable shaft for easy transport and space-saving storage.
Cannot be used with Combi attachments, HLA 56 hedge trimmer head, or HLA 56 extension pole.
Battery life with the recommended AK 20 is up to 45 minutes / 170 cuts (when cutting 10×10 timber).
The saw is without a battery and charger.
STIHL HTA 50 Features
- Multi-function control handle – Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle helps makes it easier to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- 10” (25 cm) guide bar combination using ¼” STIHL PICCO saw chain – Smooth, clean cuts with minimum chain friction thanks to the 10” guide bar with ¼” STIHL PICCO™ saw chain.
- Split-shaft design – A split-shaft design allows for easy transport and storage.
- First pole pruner in the STIHL AK system – As the first pole pruner in the AK System, the HTA 50 is a versatile addition to homeowners’ existing AK battery-powered tool lineup.
- Robust branch hook – Robust branch hook to remove loose clippings from trees.
- Toolless and translucent bar and chain oil tank – The translucent bar and chain oil tank make it easy for users to check oil levels at a glance.
- Balanced design – Balanced design makes it comfortable to use.
- Reduced-emission engine technology – Caring for Nature – The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- 9’2” total tooth length – The HTA 50 features an extended-reach design, allowing homeowners to prune even hard-to-reach areas with confidence.
- Optional 20” shaft extension – Reach even higher with an optional 20” (51 cm) shaft extension.
STIHL HTA 50 Specs
|Powerhead weight||0 lbs|
|Weight||6.6 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Weight (w/ AK 20)||11.2 lbs (5 kg)|
|Guide bar length (recommended)||10 in (25 cm)|
|Oilomatic chain||71 PM3|
|Run time (w/ AK 20 [up to])||45 min.|
|Maximum overall length (telescopic pole)||9 ft (280 cm)|
|Sound pressure level||94 dB(A)|
|Vibration value left||1.6 ft/s² (0.5 m/s²)|
|Vibration value right||3.2 ft/² (1 m/s²)|
|Sound power level||78 dB(A)|
STIHL HTA 50 Accessories
Multi-piece, proven robust sharpening kit in a sturdy belt bag. File holder with a round file. Flat file for adjusting the depth stop. Flat file to check the blade rake angle and blade angle, tooth length as well as the distance of the depth restrictor. Also for cleaning the groove and oil outlet hole for the guide bar. Various versions are available for treating 3/8-PMN, 1/4″ and 3/8″-PM chains, and 325 chains.
Bag for battery accessories
Lightweight and durable enough for easy carrying of STIHL batteries, especially for the battery and charger.
Accumulator AK 10
Battery AK 10. Compact lithium-ion battery for the STIHL AK battery system with 72 Wh capacity. With battery status indicator (four LEDs). Compatible with AL 100, AL 101, AL 300, and AL 500 chargers.
- Weight – 0.8 kg
- Voltage – 36 V
- Energy –
Accumulator AK 20
Battery AK 20. Compact lithium-ion battery for AK system with 144 Wh capacity. With battery status indicator (four LEDs). Compatible with AL 100, AL 101, AL 300, and AL 500 chargers.
Accumulator AK 30
Battery AK 30. Compact lithium-ion battery for the AK battery system with 180 Wh capacity. With battery status indicator (LED). Compatible with AL 101, AL 100, AL 300, and AL 500 chargers.