The Stihl MS 241 chainsaw is a professional-grade tool that is designed to tackle a variety of cutting tasks with ease. Featuring a powerful engine, ergonomic design, and advanced safety features, the MS 241 is a popular choice among arborists, landscapers, and forestry professionals. In this article, we will take an in-depth look at the Stihl MS 241, exploring its key features, specifications, user feedback, and alternatives. Whether you’re considering purchasing the MS 241 or simply want to learn more about this high-performance chainsaw, read on to discover everything you need to know about the Stihl MS 241.
STIHL MS 241 Versions
Stihl offers several different versions of the MS 241 chainsaw to suit different user needs and preferences. Here are some of the most common versions:
- MS 241 C-M – This version features Stihl’s M-Tronic™ engine management system, which automatically adjusts the fuel/air mixture and ignition timing to optimize performance and fuel efficiency. It also has a tool-free fuel cap and a decompression valve for easier starting.
- MS 241 C-M VW – This version is similar to the MS 241 C-M, but it also features Stihl’s Easy2Start™ system, which reduces the effort needed to pull the starter cord by up to 50%.
- MS 241 CM – This version has a standard carburetor instead of the M-Tronic™ system, but it still offers the same powerful 2.8 kW engine and lightweight design. It also has a side-access chain tensioner for easier chain adjustment.
- MS 241 CB-M – This version is designed for arborists and features a specially designed carburetor that allows the saw to be used in any position. It also has a narrow guide bar for easier maneuverability in tight spaces.
- MS 241 CM VW – This version is similar to the MS 241 CM, but it also features Stihl’s Easy2Start™ system for easier starting.
All of these versions of the Stihl MS 241 chainsaw offer the same high level of performance, reliability, and safety. The main differences are in the features and technologies they offer, which may be more or less important to different users depending on their needs and preferences.
STIHL MS 241 Features
The Stihl MS 241 is a professional-grade chainsaw that is designed to deliver high performance, reliability, and safety. Here are some of the key features that make it stand out:
- Lightweight and compact design – The MS 241 is designed to be easy to handle and maneuver, making it ideal for use in tight spaces and for prolonged use without fatigue.
- Powerful engine – The saw is equipped with a powerful engine that delivers plenty of power to the chain and bar, allowing for fast and efficient cutting.
- Ergonomic design – The MS 241 is designed with the user in mind, with features such as an anti-vibration system that reduces operator fatigue during prolonged use. The comfortable grip provides excellent control and stability while cutting.
- Safety features – The saw is equipped with several safety features, including a chain brake that will stop the chain immediately in case of kickback, and a throttle lockout that prevents accidental activation of the throttle.
- Easy maintenance – The MS 241 has a toolless oil and fuel cap that allows for quick and easy refueling. The saw’s air filter is also easily accessible and can be cleaned without tools.
- High-performance cutting – The saw’s powerful engine and lightweight design allow for fast and efficient cutting of small to medium-sized trees. It is also suitable for pruning and limbing.
- Durability – The MS 241 is built to last, with high-quality materials and construction that can withstand the rigors of professional use.
Overall, the Stihl MS 241 is a top-of-the-line chainsaw that delivers excellent performance, reliability, and safety. Its lightweight and ergonomic design makes it easy to handle, and its powerful engine and high-performance cutting make it ideal for professional use.
STIHL MS 241 Specs
Sure, here is a table that lists the specifications of each of the Stihl MS 241 chainsaw models:
|Specification||MS 241 C-M||MS 241 C-M VW||MS 241 CM||MS 241 CB-M||MS 241 CM VW|
|Engine power||2.8 kW||2.8 kW||2.8 kW||2.8 kW||2.8 kW|
|Displacement||42.6 cc||42.6 cc||42.6 cc||42.6 cc||42.6 cc|
|Powerhead weight||4.5 kg||4.6 kg||4.5 kg||3.9 kg||4.5 kg|
|Guide bar length||16″/40 cm||16″/40 cm||16″/40 cm||12″/30 cm||16″/40 cm|
|Fuel capacity||500 ml||500 ml||500 ml||310 ml||500 ml|
|Sound pressure level||101 dB||102 dB||101 dB||101 dB||102 dB|
|Vibration levels||3.5/3.5 m/s²||3.5/3.5 m/s²||3.5/3.5 m/s²||3.5/3.5 m/s²||3.5/3.5 m/s²|
Note: The specifications listed above may vary based on the region and model year. Please refer to the manufacturer’s website for the latest and most accurate specifications.
STIHL MS 241 Price
The price of the Stihl MS 241 chainsaw varies depending on several factors, including the region, the model, and the dealer. Additionally, prices can change over time due to factors such as inflation, availability, and demand.
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the MS 241 was listed on the Stihl website with a starting price of around $700 USD. However, this price may not reflect the final cost, as additional fees such as taxes, shipping, and dealer markups can apply.
It’s important to note that prices can vary widely between different dealers and retailers, and it may be worth shopping around to find the best deal. Additionally, purchasing from an authorized Stihl dealer can ensure that you receive a genuine product and access to the manufacturer’s warranty and support.
It’s also important to consider the total cost of ownership, including ongoing maintenance and repair costs, when making a purchasing decision. Regular maintenance, such as replacing worn parts and keeping the saw well lubricated, can help prolong its lifespan and ensure safe and reliable operation.
STIHL MS 241 Review
Overall, users of the Stihl MS 241 chainsaw have had positive experiences with the saw, citing its performance, reliability, and ease of use as some of its standout features. Here are some comments and reviews from users:
- “The Stihl MS 241 is a beast. I’ve been using it for years for everything from limbing to felling trees, and it’s never let me down. It starts easily, cuts through wood like butter, and is lightweight and easy to handle.”
- “I upgraded to the MS 241 from a smaller saw, and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a perfect balance of power and size, and it’s made my work so much easier and more efficient.”
- “I use the MS 241 professionally, and it’s held up to some serious abuse over the years. It’s been dropped, knocked around, and exposed to all kinds of weather, but it keeps running like a champ. It’s a workhorse of a saw.”
- “The MS 241 is very easy to start, even in cold weather. I also love the fact that it’s low vibration, which means less fatigue and strain on my hands and arms.”
- “I’ve had some issues with the saw’s oiler, but overall it’s been a reliable and durable saw that I’d definitely recommend.”
Of course, every user’s experience may differ depending on their specific needs and usage patterns. It’s always a good idea to do your research and read reviews from multiple sources before making a purchasing decision.
STIHL MS 241 Alternatives
If you’re considering a chainsaw similar to the Stihl MS 241, here are a few options to consider:
- Husqvarna 550 XP Mark II: This chainsaw is a comparable model to the Stihl MS 241 and features similar specifications, including a 50.1 cc engine and 3.75 hp power output. The 550 XP Mark II is also designed for professional use and features an ergonomic design and low vibration levels.
- Echo CS-490: The Echo CS-490 is a slightly smaller and lighter chainsaw than the Stihl MS 241, with a 50.2 cc engine and 20″ guide bar. It also features anti-vibration technology and an adjustable oiler for easy maintenance.
- Makita EA5000PREG: This chainsaw features a 50 cc engine and is designed for professional use. It has a toolless air filter replacement system and a decompression valve for easier starting. It also features an anti-vibration system for improved comfort during use.
- Jonsered CS2255: This chainsaw has a slightly larger engine than the Stihl MS 241, at 55.5 ccs, and features a 20″ guide bar. It also has an ergonomic design and an air injection system that helps to reduce wear on the engine.
As with any equipment purchase, it’s important to consider your specific needs and usage patterns when choosing a chainsaw. You may also want to read reviews and compare specifications to determine which model is the best fit for your needs.
STIHL MS 241 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Stihl MS 241 chainsaw:
Is the Stihl MS 241 suitable for professional use?
Yes, the Stihl MS 241 is designed for professional use and is a popular choice among arborists, landscapers, and forestry professionals.
What types of wood can the Stihl MS 241 handle?
The Stihl MS 241 is suitable for cutting all types of wood, from softwoods like pine to hardwoods like oak.
What is the fuel/oil ratio for the Stihl MS 241?
The recommended fuel/oil ratio for the Stihl MS 241 is 50:1.
How often should I perform maintenance on my Stihl MS 241?
Regular maintenance is important to ensure the optimal performance and longevity of your chainsaw. Stihl recommends performing maintenance tasks such as cleaning the air filter and checking the spark plug after every use, and replacing the air filter and spark plug every 50 hours of operation.
What is the warranty on the Stihl MS 241?
Stihl offers a 1-year limited warranty on the MS 241, which covers defects in materials and workmanship. Additionally, some dealers may offer extended warranties or service plans for an additional cost.
Is the Stihl MS 241 easy to start?
The Stihl MS 241 features an easy-to-start system, including a decompression valve and ElastoStart handle. However, starting procedures may vary depending on factors such as temperature and fuel quality.
Can the Stihl MS 241 be used for felling trees?
Yes, the Stihl MS 241 can be used for felling trees. However, it’s important to follow proper safety procedures and use the appropriate techniques when felling trees.
Is the Stihl MS 241 compatible with different guide bar lengths?
Yes, the Stihl MS 241 is compatible with guide bars ranging from 12″ to 18″ in length. However, it’s important to choose the appropriate guide bar length for the specific cutting task and to avoid using an overly long guide bar, which can be dangerous and reduce cutting performance.